Thursday, November 28, 2013

An attitude of gratitude

Thanksgiving is the time to be thankful and I certainly have a lot to be thankful for this year. A beautiful baby, a wonderful husband, and good family and friends...what more could I ask for?  I've been trying to catch up with my devotional app and went back a couple months for a devotion that is actually quite perfect for the season. I was taken to Psalms 100 and was reminded that there are many things that we can complain about on a daily basis such as long lines and bad traffic. What we need to remember is that we need to be thankful for the little things and carry that spirit around with us instead of the spirit of complaining. Instead of being upset of the traffic be thankful for the vehicle that you have to help you get from point A to B. Also when praying, we should thank God for the little things too. Things such as being able to wake up that day or being able to get ready for work.
I am thankful for a husband that is doing work and school to better himself and the family. I am also thankful for a beautiful baby boy that we have been blessed with. On top of that, I am thankful for the abundance of family and friends that have been a big helping hand at every life milestone David and I have been through. It makes me ponder about the many others that don't have friends and family or that have lost a loved one. I am blessed beyond measure and give God praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment