Friday, February 7, 2014

Valentines Day Is Coming

So it's that time again. Valentines day! You either love it or hate it.
This year I decided to do the 14 days of Valentine. I folded up little boxes and inserted tickets of "I owe yous" into them for my husband to use at his leisure. So far they are working wonderfully. He is enjoying it the tickets and is eager for the next ones to come. I get to show my love to my husband each day and not just on Valentine. I figure that it will be good thing to do outside of Valentines day in the future too.

Here is the link to making the box
Box tutorial
...and the link to the tickets
Tickets of love

I've been back and forth on the day and now that I have someone it is definitely exciting to show how much you love them. I also started to realize that  it doesn't have to always be just because you have a significant other for you to participate. You can definitely show love to your friends, family, and acquaintances on this holiday. Not only your love but also the love of Christ. Christ loves us so much that he gave us the gift of his son taking our place and bearing the burden of our sin. To really know what love is and how to give it to others we need to take a look at Jesus' life and what he did for us. I pray that I can always show that love to my friends, family, and especially to the people around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment