Monday, December 7, 2015

The Hardest Thing I had to do. (part 1)

Day one...

  Last night David and I planned to have me stay over my sister's place for a few days. Mainly its because Julien has created a link with me. He has to be touching my upper chest area for him to be able to go to sleep. Its even more annoying in the middle of the night when he wakes up. Yes, he does still sleep in the bed with us... for now. We gave my sister our crib for their new arrival. We figured since when we get to Cambodia Julien would end up sleeping in our bed with us anyways so why not start while we are living with my mom. Well....I think we (more me than David) are ready to have Julien be more independent.

Saturday night was trial night. I slept in a spare bedroom upstairs while David began the new regimen for Julien. Julien did well, but Sunday night was hard. We tried to warn him that I was leaving. We had a long goodbye which ended up being very confusing to him. Then I was driving off with my sister Julien took one very sad look at the van driving away and I knew he finally understood what we were trying to tell him breaking my heart at the same time. I wanted to cry, but my sister refused to let me. This first day is okay. I'm having fun with my nephew, but I am missing both my husband and son. I got to FaceTime my boys in the morning. Its so funny that though Julien got to see me he was more excited to see his cousin sitting next to me. David said the second night was a bit better, he thinks. Julien woke up in the middle of the night a couple times and one of those times he was expecting to find my chest noticing only David there. He then pushed David away and slept on the other side of the bed.  Julien had a hard time taking a good nap today, but I know that he will learn to sleep by himself which will be great in the long run. I'm having fun with my sister in the mean time. The night is a little lonely though. Not sure, if I am doing as well as Julien not being close. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment